Friday, May 05, 2006

microsoft, my hero

| |

I think that on some levels, MS Outlook is MS's best product, judged by the features and high level of usability. Unfortunately for them, google has raised the bar really high. I'm talking about one feature in specific - the search function. I don't know how many of you use Google Desktop search (yes, I'm aware of all the security issues), but it is fabulous. Google gives you a really fast and accurate search tool for Outlook messages.

gmail is the same - the search function is fast and accurate. By comparison, when you use the built in search tool for outlook, it takes forever to search, and the results are questionable. MS should spend their billions and make the search function (in outlook, and systemwide) a real centerpiece of their user-centric applications. For yes, we are at that point when there's too much data to keep track of in our brains.

0 comments: